Resources for best practices when it comes to preserving photos, documents, and other ephemera at home.
Preserving photographs and documents
- “How to Preserve Your Family Memories, Letters and Trinkets”, an article from the New York Times.
- How to Preserve Family Papers and Photographs, a resource page from the National Archives.
- “The Care and Preservation of Family Photographs”, a video tutorial from the State Archives of North Carolina.
Preserving family stories
- Principles and Best Practices, Oral History Association.
- Conducting Oral Histories with Family Members, UCLA Library.
- Audio Guidance: How To Play Back and Digitize My Materials, National Archives.
- Video Guidance: Playback and Digitization of Materials, National Archives.